We Are Worthy AND Enough Because We Have Breath with New World Library Author, Michelle Madrid
To all adoptees who have felt emptiness and to all those touched by a sense of rejection — Let us be greater.
Our broken circumstances and experiences of abandonment will never define our existence or worth. The sense of emptiness that haunts us is rooted in loss, but there's strength in embracing this truth without shame. By acknowledging our darkest moments, we reclaim our power and reunite with ourselves on the deepest level.
We have the voice to be greater by fully embracing and allowing our emotions to unfold completely. Through this embrace, we find the catalyst for healing, transforming adversity into strength. As we courageously navigate our emotional landscapes, we become the architects of our own growth, emerging as the greatest versions of ourselves.
In this episode, Michelle Madrid, a New World Library author of the book “Let Us Be Greater,” shares her empowering letter to the adoptee community and to all those who have felt rejected by their family or loved ones, making them feel unworthy and rejected. She reminds us that we are more than enough and empowers us to be greater!
Don’t wait, Tune in NOW!
Thoughts to Empower:
- “Something had to come apart before something else could come together.” — Michelle Madrid
- “We have to feel things in order to heal things.” — Michelle Madrid
- “We experience in the womb what our mothers experience in the world.” — Michelle Madrid
- “Our circumstances do not identify us, those broken places can't define us unless we allow the limiting beliefs and the limiting thoughts to take root and sort of grow all over us.” — Michelle Madrid
- “If you just sat in the chair that you're sitting in right now and did nothing more for the rest of your life and sit there and breathe, you would be enough.” — Michelle Madrid
- “You are enough as you are because you have breath.” — Michelle Madrid
- “Even the hardest, darkest moment can be a gift if we're willing to see it as such.”
- “Honoring of self is really important.” — Michelle Madrid
- “If we don't love ourselves, how can we give to others what we have yet to receive?” — Michelle Madrid
- “You have an innate worthiness to you.” — Becca Powers
- “There is nothing That makes you less than just because your conditions you were born into were less than ideal.” — Becca Powers
- “Just because you're breathing, you have promise. Just because you're breathing, you are worthy. Just because you were breathing, you are enough.” — Becca Powers
- “We are all born with a unique set of gifts, strengths, talents, and obstacles to overcome.” — Becca Powers
Key Points From This Episode:
- Michelle’s book “Let Us Be Greater” as a love letter to the adoptee community
- Lessons from adoptee raising an adoptee
- The baby's experience in the womb mirrors what mothers experience in the world.
- Michelle's book for all adoptees and individuals facing rejection
- We are worthy and enough because we have breath
- Knowing not just “what I am” but also “who I am”
- Michelle’s passion in helping individuals heal from rejection and plug back into their power
- Shifting our lens on everything is happening “for me” not “to me”
- The importance of honoring and loving yourself first
About Michelle Madrid:
Michelle Madrid is the author of Let Us Be Greater: A Gentle, Guided Path to Healing for Adoptees and host of the Electricity of You Podcast.
She is an international adoptee, former foster child in the UK, and an adoptee empowerment life coach who has been recognized as an Angels in Adoption® Honoree by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) and inducted into the New Mexico Women’s Hall of Fame for her work in adoption.