Leveraging What You Do to Make an Impact on People and Places with CIO, Jason Thomas
Is it better to be the best or the happiest?
Success is often seen as a destination—an elusive summit that only a few can reach. However, in today's discussion, we challenge that notion.
Success is not just about scaling the heights; it's about fully embracing the adventure, discovering the profound impact you can make, and realizing the ever-present opportunities for growth.
Jason Thomas explores the idea that you don't have to be the best or the most famous to find joy and fulfillment. By embracing your authentic self, pursuing your passions, and letting go of the need to know it all, you can make a significant impact on people and places.
In this episode, Jason shares how pursuing passion doesn't always necessitate being in the spotlight and that being good at everything doesn't guarantee happiness; instead, it's the process of continuous learning and igniting new passions that truly lights the fire within.
So, don’t hesitate – Listen to this episode NOW!
Thoughts to Empower
- “What you think it is and what it actually is, is two completely different things.” - Jason Thomas
- “If you're good with people and you know how to talk to people, communicate and listen, you can be very successful.” - Jason Thomas
- “If you wanna grow and you wanna be successful and you want your team to be successful, you have to be willing to let go.” - Jason Thomas
- “You have to be able to learn when to say no.” - Jason Thomas
- “Learning to delegate and to realize that you can't do it all, even if you want to.” - Becca Powers
- “You gotta give yourself some margin too.” - Jason Thomas
- “You don't always have to be the star.” - Jason Thomas
- “Even though it's something I might be good at, it doesn't mean I'm the one that should be doing it.” - Becca Powers
- “You don't always have to be number one to be happy or be fulfilled.” - Jason Thomas
- “It’s not for everybody to be in charge.” - Jason Thomas
- “You can't believe everything that you see.” - Jason Thomas
- “Do what makes you happy.” - Jason Thomas
- “It's okay to embrace your happiness. It's okay to fail — to readjust your passions into a pursuit that is tangible.” -Becca Powers
Key Points From This Episode:
- Backstory of How Jason Thomas Became a CIO
- Dealing with Conflict Professionally
- How Technology ends up Touching Everything
- Passion vs being Realistic
- Accepting Our Limits in Knowledge
- Pursuing Passion doesn’t always mean that you have to be the Star
- We don’t always have to be in-charge
- Being Good at Everything Doesn't Equate to Happiness
- Igniting Passion Through Learning
About Jason Thomas:
Jason Thomas is an accomplished Chief Information Officer of Cole, Scott & Kissane, Florida's largest law firm, which boasts a team of 565 attorneys and 1350 employees. Jason's career includes a background in consultancy, where he supported biotech startups in Boston. He currently resides in a Boston suburb and works remotely full-time.
Connect with Jason Thomas:
Calling all personality test aficionados! Get ready to unleash your work superpowers!
Dive into the realm of work personas with our emPOWERed quiz! Every persona is a world of its own, brimming with unique strengths and challenges. Let’s join forces to amplify those strengths and catapult you to stellar success!
It’s time to get quizzical! Take a leap into the universe of self-awareness now with the "What is Your Work Persona Type?" quiz. Blast off to BeccaPowers.com/links, where the first button is your portal to boundless self-discovery and empowerment!
Get ready, superhero, your adventure begins now! 🚀💥