How Compassionate Accountability Builds Vibrant Relationships, Thriving Workplaces, and Meaningful Lives with Marc Lesser
As we live with intention and prioritize what truly matters, we discover a profound sense of fulfillment and purpose. Compassionate accountability fuels our pursuit of a meaningful life, where authenticity and joy thrive. It inspires us to make conscious decisions, nourish our passions, and embrace the fullness of who we are.
Embracing compassionate accountability ignites a powerful chain reaction. It not only transforms our own lives but also radiates outwards, touching the lives of those around us. By embodying this concept, we become beacons of positivity, understanding, and growth- creating a better world, one compassionate act at a time.
In this episode, I’m joined by Marc Lesser, CEO, executive coach, and Zen teacher. He founded and was CEO of 3 companies, and helped develop a mindfulness program inside of Google's headquarters. Marc has opened my eyes to so many valuable lessons, such as cultivating compassionate accountability to align actions with values, recognizing the transformative power of embracing our inner strength, and the importance of reprioritizing our lives to focus on what truly matters.
Listen to this episode and embark on a transformative journey that will ignite your inner power and guide you towards a life of purpose and fulfillment.
Thoughts to Empower
- "Power is being our full selves, being confident and humble at the same time." — Marc Lesser
- "One of the most moving things is finding out that someone read something that I wrote and it really helped them through some difficult transition, or it gave them the confidence to do something that they wanted to do. " — Marc Lesser
- "Accountability without compassion is kind of cold and gets cruel." — Marc Lesser
- "I have found an amazing and more long-term transformation when values are included." — Becca Powers
- "There's a lot of ways to talk about values. But to me, it starts with loving yourself, accepting yourself, and accepting your flaws and failures.” — Marc Lesser
- “Sometimes people can get stuck in the pain and not see possibility.” — Becca Powers
- “The more we can lean into the pain or the traumas that have happened in our lives, the love emerges.” — Marc Lesser
Key Points From This Episode:
- Harnessing our own power enables us to uplift and empower those around us
- The importance of compassion and accountability for a thriving and fulfilling life
- Nurturing a strong set of principles necessitates first embracing self-love
- Time and space are essential elements that we genuinely require for personal growth and introspection
- Embracing both pain and possibility is the essence of living a purposeful life
- Aligning our actions with what truly matters
About Marc Lesser:
Marc Lesser is a CEO, executive coach, and Zen teacher. He founded and was CEO of 3 companies, and helped develop a mindfulness program inside of Google's headquarters. Marc was a resident of the San Francisco Zen Center for 10 years, and director of Tassajara, Zen Mountain Center, the first Zen monastery in the Western world. He is the author of Finding Clarity.