Breaking Down Success
What is your meaning of success? How can you embrace it, and how can you rise and soar? These are thought-provoking questions that many of us can instantly answer, but for some people, it might take them months or even years to finally figure out what success means to them. But, knowing what your values are, what’s important to you, and how it aligns to your definition of success can help you create a life that thrives.
Our personal meaning of success helps to define the quality of our lives. That’s why it’s important to stop and consider what success looks like to you. Because success is subjective, others may define success as something that lights them up or something that brings them peace. With different definitions of success, it’s important that we don’t project our definition of success onto other people. And for Becca, success means having her life thriving in all areas. Although she is aware that not every area is going to thrive at the same level, she is committed to make sure that all areas of her life get attention. In this episode, she will discuss what she considers the 4 primary departments in life and how to define success at each department level.
Becca goes on to share valuable inputs about success and how she views success at this point in her life. This serves as a reminder for us that life is a series of priorities and changes, thus, success should evolve as we evolve. Some people might measure success by the amount of joy and peace they have in life while others might measure it by their awards, accomplishments, and financial health. Lastly, recognizing success should lead us to honoring and supporting people in whatever their success looks like.
Take Inspiration From These Lessons:
- Humans are always evolving. Thus, our definition or meaning of success should evolve too.
- Success could also mean having your life thriving in all areas.
- We carry our definition of success with our different values and what's important to us.
- We have to stay at the top of the priority list in our lives. It's just what we have to do to really thrive and stay alive.
- We have to consider what success means to us, then start building that standard for ourselves, and move in that direction.
Wisdom To Live By:
- “I really would like to see a place where we not only honor each other's opinions and views on success but that we support them in whatever their success looks like.” - Becca Powers
- “I became more successful when I focused on myself first, when I gave myself permission to prioritize my wellbeing, when I gave myself permission to be a human being and not just a production machine.” - Becca Powers
- “What success means to me is having my life thriving in all areas. And I'm quite aware that not every area is going to thrive at the same level. I'm not going to be a plus in all areas of my life at all times.” - Becca Powers